Talk’n chakras again. I can’t stop. It’s summer. School’s still out for some of us. I’ve scheduled all activities for the afternoon so this means I’m getting enough sleep. This means I’m not too tired to meditate when I wake up OR when I’m going to bed. It’s the perfect spiritual storm.
There are so many ways to approach these photos. I can’t decide. My ideas all relate to the chakras… but, which chakra? I am over-chakrawelmed! Has this ever happened to you before? Am I wearing too many different colors at once? Is there a chakra dressing expert out there? Hello? No? But you know one? And she doesn’t have a computer? Figures.
I think the reason for the rainbow avalanche is the fantastic necklace pictured above made by my friend, Jodi Pantuck. Jodi used to sell her jewelry on Etsy. As far as I know, now she is only creating for the lucky few when inspired.
Okay, let’s go through all the chakras and relate this post to them, and then see what happens. Why not? We have nothing more important to do – at least nothing that we can remember we are supposed to do.
- Root Chakra Well, I’m wearing red lipstick. It’s my favorite color and I love lipstick. I really don’t need to say anything else about it… Okaaay; It’s grounding. Might be hard to believe, but I put on something red and then everything is suddenly right.
- Sacral Chakra The orange chair, obviously! Joy and pleasure is basically this metal patio chair. I mean, look at how it is making me pose when I sit in it. Who am I, right now? Good thing you are not seeing the shots of me in the chair I edited out! To be honest, they were along the lines of a PG 13 Almodovar film. But for me… totally sassy.
- Solar Plexus Okay, I’m going to go all out here and say that the doodle is part of my outfit. In many lands, dogs are incorporated into people’s outfits. I’m not objectifying. It’s like when we dress similar to or complimentary to who we are keeping company with. The doodle came over to be in the shots on his own because he sensed that the solar plexus was missing. He’s like a guru dog. Oh, yeah. Solar is all about being in your power. Guru Dog brings it.
- Heart Chakra Oooh, heart is my next area of focus in meditation. Notice the green foliage at the bottom of my dress. This is a photo print dress. I LOVE photo print. It’s got some kind of architectural thing going on as well… we’ll get to that. The heart is of course about love, giving, forgiveness, compassion. One of my favorite chakras.
- Throat Chakra I will say that the brilliant sky blue at the top of the dress illustrates the expression of creativity that Gregory Ain was so brilliant at when he designed the house in these photographs. Oh, the modern home as social commentary. Yes, these case study houses cost more than twice as much as neighboring homes in 1948, but they had sliding walls that could convert them into one bedroom, two bedroom, or three bedroom houses! Also, he is considered to be the first architect to design a house that did not contemplate servants. Talk about speaking your mind. Notice how this chakra has the highest word count.
- Third Eye One of my favorite colors, the enchanting indigo. I could have easily made the whole post about this chakra because my third eye was ON when I put this outfit on in the morning. I “didn’t know” that I was going to receive this necklace later in the day – picking it up from a mail box where Jodi left it for me. I love picking things up from secret locations; especially when they are incredible, sparkly creations in little shiny black boxes that match the dress I am wearing PERFECTLY. Third eye dressing, I tell you. Third eye.
- Crown Chakra Okay, let’s be honest here. The crown chakra mystifies me. Either that, or I totally get it, and it is just not easily put into words. I mean, the mantra is “I am at one with everything.” Isn’t that a conversation stopper? I do have purple on my dress, I can say that much. One of these chakras had to have the smallest word count, and why not have it be the last one?
I think we are starting to remember that stuff that’s really important that we have to do. What was it? Order dog’s flea medication. Right. Look that thing up on the DMV website. Right. Email someone about something. Oh, yeah. Is it all becoming clearer? Maybe it was the solar plexus at work. Wait a second, does that mean this post was really all about the the Guru Dog? Animal photobombs and becomes center of universe.
Photos by Evan Hartzell